Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Cookies

It's October, which means fall is in the air and women's (and men's) breasts are okay to discuss freely. Get those babies checked out!




I decided to make these after seeing these amazing cookies and being inspired by them. They are so cool I had to attempt to copy them and this is what I came up with. Also - the woman that does that blog has her own Etsy shop with custom cookie cutters. I'm kind of tempted, but the holidays are coming up which means I'm restraining myself. 


I don't have the actual cookie cutter so I cut out butterflies, angels and awareness ribbons and pieced them together.  I airbrushed the pink for the butterfly wings, I had a gradient in mind and it didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned, but they're still pretty.



 I tried a new icing recipe and had nothing but troubles with it. Will not be making that one again! I am going to have to use up the icing though since the unthinkable has happened and I've run out of powdered sugar to make more. Unthinkable.


I forgot to give the angel features - namely eyes. The cookies I used for inspiration (copied!) had way cooler angel wings than my cookie cutter. Mine are all "wimpy, good angel" and the ones on that woman's website are more like "bad-ass avenging angel."

No comments:

Post a Comment