Friday, October 11, 2013

Are You Tough Enough?

Last fall my brother-in-law started recruiting people to run a big event/obstacle type run. The group decided on the Tough Mudder and for half a second I considered signing up too. Then I remembered I hate running and I was trying to get pregnant. Call me stingy, but I didn't want to spend the $100+ on registering and then have to back out.We were keeping our pregnancy plans a secret at the time and it turned out a good thing neither of us signed up! At one point, someone was joking about pulling a six-months-pregnant me over an obstacle - that would be fun...





My two brothers-in-law, sister-in-law, two of my cousins-in-law and a family friend did the Tough Mudder as a team. I really wanted to make them cookies prior to the event, but that didn't turn out. Did I mention I had the baby four days before the event? Yep - I was due July 13th, had the baby on July 16th and the local Tough Mudder was on July 20th. At a recent family party the whole crew was together again, so I made these for the team.


I really struggled with my black icing this round. It was either too thin or too thick. Hopefully the recipients weren't as picky as I was about the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment