Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Baked Chocolate Doughnuts

The other day I decided I needed to make doughnuts but I didn't want just plain vanilla doughnuts. I wanted extreme, I wanted chocolate. And I had some leftover cream cheese frosting from another project and thought that would be delicious on a doughnut. 



I found this recipe and as always, I had everything handy so I tried it out.  The only "change" I made to the actual doughnut is that the recipe called for dark brown sugar and I only had light brown sugar. Also - as I was using leftover frosting I did not make the glaze, but I'm sure it is delicious.


I used dark cocoa powder as I usually do and look at how dark those doughnuts turned out! The doughnut itself was actually very light and fluffy. The only "problem" I had with the recipe is that it said it made 6 doughnuts and instead it made 10. That's not a problem so much as I hate when the yield on a recipe is dramatically different than the recipe author/poster states. If this was a cookie recipe where someone could potentially have a different idea of how big the cookie should be, that's one thing, but this recipe says they are using a doughnut pan which I assume is very similar in size to my pan. A pan will only hold a certain amount of batter. And part of why I chose this recipe is because I only have one pan and didn't want to wash it to do another round... or have the extra doughnuts around to eat. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment