Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cookies for a Cause

The cause in question today is Crohn's & Colitis. This summer my brother signed up to do the Vegas Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon through Team Challenge. The marathon and half marathon will be in December and Team Challenge provides training and a sense of really making a difference. Participants must commit to raising a certain amount of money before race time. The mentors associated with Team Challenge and CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America) help the team do several fundraisers before race time. A recent event was a bowling night with a silent auction - we brainstormed some ideas to put together a basket for the auction and I made extras of some of the cookies for him to sell to add funds to his goal.

Without further ado...

 He requested I cookie the "Welcome to Vegas" sign we saw online. I was very worried about this cookie, but I think it's my favorite out of the bunch. Funny how that works out.

 A CCFA cookie on a fancy square. The CCFA logo is actually a much darker blue, but I am lazy like that - I don't always worry so much about matching colors.

 A lucky roll of "7" on the dice and Black Jack cards to represent Vegas.

 We made extra Team Challenge cookies because we thought the participants might get a kick out of these. I love this banner cutter!

 An amy of stick-figure Team Challenge runners. Little brother asked me to do something to feature the bright orange racing singlet that the runners wear. I went with stick figures to highlight my drawing skills...actually I didn't want to mix up flesh tones and hair colors. Somehow no matter how many times I read Harry Potter, house elves don't magically become real and I can't enchant the dishes to wash themselves.

Here are all the cookies together but sadly I did not take a picture of the final arrangement. We shrink-wrapped the whole thing and raised some money for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment